THe Campus Cooks' Chef hiring process
we don't just fill the position, we actively recruit the right candidate for the house:
We search far and wide to find the best fit for the house.
Nationally: Our recruiting team attends hiring fairs, trade shows, and partners with culinary schools to create a national pipeline of talented chefs.
Locally: Our team travels to campuses to recruit and hire local chefs.
Internally: Our team sources from an internal network of employees that refer fellow chefs, that will relocate for open positions.
- The Campus Cooks Recruiting Manager will review all resumes that are submitted within 48 hours of submission.
- The Recruiting Manager will then make a determination as to which candidates are qualified, based on a combination of skills, previous experience, and education.
- Next, a 1st Interview is scheduled: During the initial interview, the recruiter will make sure that Campus Cooks is a good fit for the candidate, and the right candidate for Campus Cooks, by introducing our ALPHA, etc.
- Next, a 2nd Interview is conducted, with the Regional Supervisor setting it up within 24 hours.
- During this interview, the Regional Supervisor will evaluate the culinary knowledge and determine if the candidate’s personality is a good fit for the particular house. Our goal is not to just fill the position, but find the right fit for all involved.
- A decision regarding the candidate’s fit for the chapter is made within 7 working days after the 2nd interview.
- After an offer letter is extended to a candidate, a background check is administered, and if all clear, a start date is then based on when the chapter opens for the semester.