Winter has its grip on most of the country at this point of the season and you may find yourself looking for ways to stay warm!
Regional Supervisor Rick Sloan has been trying some new flavor combinations and wants to share a very popular chili recipe with you!
Warm up with Rick’s Andouille, White Bean, and Spinach Chili recipe, below.
1/2 lb Andouille Sausage (gluten free) (I use Nick’s brand from US Foods because it is from Louisiana)
1/4 lb Great Northern Beans (I used dry and cooked them till tender before starting recipe)
1/4 Bell Pepper, diced
1/4 Onion, diced
1/4 fresh jalapeno, fine diced
1/4 lbs fresh or frozen spinach (if frozen, squeeze out juice)
1/4 tbsp Texas Pete
1/4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tbsp chili powder
1/8 tbsp paprika
1/8 tbsp mustard powder
1/8 tbsp garlic powder
1/8 tbsp onion powder
1/8 tbsp black pepper
1/8 tbsp gumbo file
1/4 tbsp smoked sea salt
– Bake sausage in oven until center reaches 155 degrees.
– In a large stock pot, heat olive oil and saute onions and all peppers until onion are barely translucent.
– Cut sausages down into bite sized pieces and add them to the onions and peppers.
– Add in everything else except spinach including water and beans.
– Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
– Thicken with corn starch slurry ( or roux if you don’t have gluten problems in house)
– Add spinach and cook ten more minutes.
– Season to taste.
– Serve with Texas Toast Croutons or Toasted Baguette points
*serving size modified down to 5 from 40.