Did you save room for dessert? Hope you did! Chef Monique, from the University of Texas, shared with us one her many amazing desserts. I thought this seemed like an excellent one to share as it is easy to make as well as increase servings, if needed. If you are cooking for your family or having your chef make it at your fraternity of sorority, it is sure to be loved by all!
Monique’s Famous Cinnamon Blondies
Preheat oven to 350° Depending on desired thickness, use a 9×13 or 18×13. (Cooking times may vary; serving sizes as well)
4C All Purpose Flour
2t Baking Powder
.5t Baking Soda
4C Brown Sugar
.5C White sugar
3t Cinnamon1 C Butter
4t Vanilla Extract
3T Cinnamon Sugar and 2T Butter (melted)
- Mix all dry ingredients, either by hand or with a professional mixer on the low setting, until evenly mixed.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in another bowl; start with softened butter and mix in sugar until come together. Add eggs and vanilla extract until come together.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until come together by either using a spatula or paddle attachement, low to mid setting on a professional mixer.
- Spread evenly onto a lightly greased pan. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes (thin). If bars will be thick, add an extra 5-8 minutes (possibly more depending on thickness). Poke center of blondies with a toothpick or knife. When it comes out clean, they are ready; if still wet, put back into oven for a few minutes and check again. If desired, lightly brush melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar upon completion and removal from oven.
- Let item rest until cool to touch. Cut into desired size and serve with ice cream, whipped cream, or anything else you desire!
Back to News