Spring is time to freshen up the menu at your house with some new exciting side dishes.
Here are a few of my favorite that may be worth a try. Let us know if you like them!
Leek au Gratin
20 leeks, washed and rough chopped (use entire leek)
1 gallon cream sauce (use your favorite gratin recipe)
1 pound Parmesan cheese
2 pound bread crumbs, toasted
– Wilt leeks in a sauterne with a scant bit of butter or oil.
– Add cream sauce and leeks to hotel pan. Cover and bake for 20 minutes at 350°.
– Remove cover and sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 20 minutes till golden brown.
– Serve hot.
Herb and Oil Potato Salad
15 pounds red “B” potatoes, halved and boiled till tender
2 quarts of Fresh Herb Dressing (can be found in the blog about dressings “here”)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, rough chopped
– Prepare red potatoes.
– Chill potatoes and toss with dressing.
– Garnish with parsley before serving.
Peas with Prosciutto
15 pounds fresh peas
1/2 pound butter
1 pound scallions, finely chopped
1 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced, rack baked till crispy
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
– Lightly sauté peas in butter with scallions and pepper.
– Remove from heat and toss with feta cheese and chopped, crispy prosciutto.
– Serve hot.
John Steiding, Director of TrainingBack to News